The Dictionary definition for twaddle/twaddling is:
Noun
1.
trivial, feeble, silly, or tedious talk or writing.
verb (used without object), twad·dled, twad·dling.
2. to talk in a trivial, feeble, silly, or tedious manner; prate.
verb (used with object), twad·dled, twad·dling.
3. to utter as twaddle.

Art Therapy is Heart Therapy ~ TwinkleToes2day (aka mo)

Monday, June 08, 2015

Wee Man and Twinkle..........

..........have lots going on

We will start this post by showing days 7 and 8 of our ICADs

Day 7 by Wee Man
this was his first dip in stencilling and he says he enjoyed it. He used a pearlescent blue acrylic paint.
Day 7 - from me
followed the prompt Periodic Table
I just used a black PITT pen.
Well that was our first week over already! It's very true that time flies when you are having fun!

The start of week two and Day 8 by Wee Man is another 'first' for him;
his first collage, though he doesn't like the pieces to overlap. It was created by using bits from our prep day a couple of weeks ago
He loves a bit of snippety snipping :-D
Day 8 - from me
followed the prompt Grapefruit & Cherry. I used watercolour pencils to colour the PITT pen doodles that I had drawn onto old book paper which I had glued to the index card.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In February of this year I saw a blog post by Anne Redfern, aka, Redanne of bollyane.blogspot in which she showed what looked like an old granite vase. This was done using the 'Faux Graniteware Technique' created by Wendy Vecchi that she shares, here.
I loved the idea of it and wanted to have a go. So i did. And I completed it today.
I used Wendy Vecchi's Cornflower Blue Archival Ink and matching Embossing Powder.
It was quite difficult for me to do, but I enjoyed the process and I quite like the result. This was originally a clear glass jar. The glass does get very hot though; I nearly dropped it a few times. So do take care if you have a go at this technique. 

Well that's all for today. Many thanks for stopping by. I will be back tomorrow with my Tuesday Tag and sharing T with Elizabeth and the rest of the T group. 

Take care. Be happy. Be well.
{{Hugs}}
from Me and Wee Man of course
:-D
xx

5 comments:

  1. Love the ICADS you 2 lovely people have made, well done, both of you! And the vase is WONDERFUL! Wow! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all fabulous! Love the jar too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My the two of you HAVE been busy! So wonderful to see wee man working away - and very rewarding for you I am sure. Hugs to you both (I probably won't do your jar technique as I WOULD drop it - so will just admire yours instead) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ICADS. What a lovely shot of wee man hard at work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of your cards, but you already knew that!!! I've done Wendy's Faux Graniteware technique a few times and love how it comes out every time. May I suggest a hemostat to hold the glass with while doing the technique so you don't burn yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate every one of them ((hugs)) :-))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...