The Dictionary definition for twaddle/twaddling is:
Noun
1.
trivial, feeble, silly, or tedious talk or writing.
verb (used without object), twad·dled, twad·dling.
2. to talk in a trivial, feeble, silly, or tedious manner; prate.
verb (used with object), twad·dled, twad·dling.
3. to utter as twaddle.

Art Therapy is Heart Therapy ~ TwinkleToes2day (aka mo)

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Anti Journal and Painted Ladies

Happy Wednesday One and All


I hope this finds you well and enjoying your week so far. I watched Wee Man and the rest of his school doing the first part of their annual sports events yesterday. It was wonderful. Every child took part in about twenty different activities for a specified time at each one, clocking up points for their House, aiming to win the House Cup. The way the children cheer each other on and seeing the older children helping the younger ones, and those less able, to complete the activities, is always so heart warming. 
I am so glad the rain stayed off.
The blue house won the cup, much to Wee Man's dismay, him being in the red house, but I think I successfully convinced him that his enjoyment of the day was far more important. *fingers crossed*

I am sharing two more pages of my Anti Journal with you this week and hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoyed creating them. 

This one is basically, 'Colour by Number'

And this one is, Voices in a Public Place ~ in other words - eavesdropping, lol. 

I am looking forward to seeing what Carolyn and Karen have done in their Wreck It journals this week.

Here is an update on our second batch of Painted Lady Caterpillars
As you can see, this time we have all five set in the chrysalides stage. 
Fingers crossed they will all successfully emerge as butterflys in about a weeks time.
I've already started to do my sun dancing, (not to be seen in public) lol, so that the weather may be warmer for them at release time. 

Well thank you for looking and for your lovely comments. 
Do take care, and be happy! {{Hugs}} Mo :o) x



8 comments:

  1. Ohhh, all five are chrysalides! Hope all five emerge. Interesting eavesdropping. Since the only train stations I've ever been in was in Japan, I could not understand what those around me were saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again!

    Sports days are such fun! Glad it didn't rain - you were lucky by the look of the clouds.

    Lovely colourful pages ..... I think I prefer the prompts in your book!!! It makes me smile to listen to little snippets of conversation:)

    So glad you are doing more butterflies.

    Hope you have a great bank holiday weekend

    Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, what a shame about the other team winning, but I guess it is good for Wee Man to know that we cannot always be winners! Love your coloured page, it is so happy and vibrant and the eavesdropping must have been fun too.

    It is great that the butterflies have all 'turned', I look forward to seeing them emerge! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. He is over it all now; that is until the traditional sports day comes around in mid-June, haha. But of course I'm prepared this time, with, "Well remember how much you enjoyed.......even tho'....." . No flies on me ;) hehe.
      Between you and I, I made up all the eavesdropping things. I don't have the patience to sit there long enough to hear such a variety, so I wrote what I imagine is heard in many a busy station all over the world. But it was still fun to do.
      The new Chrysalides are in the habitat now - all five of them, so it's fngers crossed for a home run this time.
      So lovely to hear from you. I hope you're not drowning in laundry after your holibob.
      {{Hugs}} xxx

      Delete
  4. Cool pages Mo! If I knew the sun dance I'd join in to help with the odds. lol Bests wishes with them! I'm sure red house should have won. ; ))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catching up Mo. Love the new header, how nice to receive some snail mail.
    You are such a good granny, I can just imagine you having the right words to settle Wee Man.
    Your journal pages are brill. You can't beat a bit of eavesdropping and your painting by numbers is the best lift to the spirits xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh sports day... what memories. I've witnessed so many of them over the years but when I remember my own... then the nerves return. Most odd.
    You were lucky with the weather but what a shame Wee Man's team didn't win. As you say a good lesson there though.
    Great journal pages... I really don't know where you find the time.
    How exciting that you have all five possible flutterby's coming soon. Heaven help them if this weather doesn't pick up.
    Springwatch will be contacting you next for a segment in their BBC programme. You're certainly doing your bit for the wildlife.
    Have a great day {{ Hugs }}
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new header and your drawing.Your post is inspiring.
    xoxo

    Karla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate every one of them ((hugs)) :-))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...